WAYS YOU CAN HELP FLORIDA SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF AND THE BLIND
As we approach the end of our ESA year and our chapters are looking for ideas as to how to disperse our funds here are a few suggestions that could help our State Philanthropic project of the FSDB. As you can see there are a lot of little things that we can do to help.
In talking to my colleagues, the biggest needs right now item wise are in our transportation department. As you know, about 400 of our students live with us during the week and come from all over the state. As far south as the Florida Keys, as far West as Pensacola, and everywhere in between.
The bus ride for many of these kids - twice a week - on Friday and Sunday - can be very long! Therefore, we provide them with things to do on the bus. Here is what they use. They below can be for ages 5 - 22 years old so there is a variety of options.
- Puzzles where pieces don't come out - travel puzzles
- Games where pieces don't come out - travel games
- Coloring books - children's and the new adult coloring books that are out
- Colored Pencils
- Playing cards - Uno, Go Fish, etc.
- 44 golf umbrellas - 2 per bus with 22 total buses
- medium size rolling suitcase